Repairs & Maintenance
No more late night calls, no more unreasonable demands. We already take care of that for you!
Now let us take care of the hassle, nightmare and chaos that is maintaining a property. Getting quotes, comparing quotes, following up repairs, paying contractors, getting them back when they haven’t done a good job… and on and on the list goes.
Stop. Kingdom Houses already as a massive joint-interest in helping you maintain your property to the highest standards! Unlike a traditional tenant we are running a business and making a profit. To make a successful profit we need your property to be well maintained. So we came up with a solution. We hired the best in the industry and they are available to carry out works on your property at a subsidised rate.
You won’t get the jobs done for the same price. Full stop. Tradesman and contractors have massive overheads including VAT, vehicles, insurance, tools, fuel, and bad accounts. Having done a survey down by the local Wickes we’ve identified the key reasons tradesman have to charge so much money and they are:
- Failed access when the tenant is suppose to be in but isn’t
- Marketing costs
By using our own in-house employees who only do repairs we avoid problems 1, 2, 3, and 4. We then pass on those savings directly to you in the offering of a repairs and maintenance service that won’t break the bank.
Charging & Fees
For odd jobs and repairs we charge £35 for the first hour and then £20 per hour thereafter capped at a maximum of £150 per day no matter how long the job took to resolve. We also operate the same charging structure for emergencies (there is an additional £35 after hours call out if the emergency happens after hours).
Larger jobs are typically done on a per quote basis and puts you in a position to compare our internal cost to other tradesman.
Gas Safety or other specific Jobs
We have built a network of external contractors for those specific jobs which we do not hold the appropriate training such as issuing a gas or electrical safety certificate. We do not charge commission on arranging these external contractors and facilitate accessing the property free of charge.
British Gas HomeCare
If you have a British Gas HomeCare or other maintenance policy in place we will always first try to resolve the issue through British Gas before taking it to the next step.
- A stakeholder such as a tenant, the cleaner, the neighbour, our manager or even you the landlord reports an issue.
- Someone from Kingdom Houses visits to asses the issue
- With a complicated issue or one that needs a specific skill set we re-attend with someone who has that skill set to asses the issue
- If we can resolve the issue in-house in one hour we resolve the issue
- We provide you with a analysis of the issue along with an estimation/quotation of how much it would cost to resolve the issue
- You give us the green light and we proceed to get it resolved
- You give us the red light and deal with it yourself
- Depending on the ‘John Doe & his wife’ test Kingdom Houses swallows the cost or invoices you directly
- You can choose to pay the monies into Kingdom Houses account directly or to allow us to deduct it from your rent