All our fees transparent and upfront. Fees may change slightly from time to time to adjust for inflation or other discretionary reasons (Last updated June 2019).
Fees are structured such that there are no unexpected or hidden charges. You will always be informed when an action you take is going to incur a fee. Fees can be added to your rent book (if you are still a tenant) and paid for with your next rent payment.
Fees and charges relating to your tenancy.
Mandatory contract fees
There are no mandatory fees to secure a room.
So you have found another room within Kingdom Houses that you’d like to transfer to there is no cost in securing the old room. There will be a cost of £150 for ending your existing tenancy early and you will have to pay overlapping rent on the two rooms while you transfer.
Removing a tenant fee
If you want to downgrade a tenancy from two people to one there is £50 administation fee for doing the addendum contract paperwork and updating our systems.
Adding a tenant fee
If you want to upgrade your tenancy from single occupancy to dual occupancy there is a £50 administation fee. This is in addition to the monthly couple sharing surcharge of £100 per month.
Fees and charges which you incur under specific conditions or which relate to a specific request.
References, rent refunds, proof of residence
All administration tasks are free of charge within reason.:
- Landlord references
- Proof of residence (Useful to open a bank account)
- Rent refunds – This only relates to rent overpayments, not your deposit refund. For example if you accidentally paid your rent twice and rather than waiting one month you want Kingdom Houses to immediately refund the overpayment, in such a circumstance we need to charge our admin fee. (On the surface a rent refund seems simple but it is really complicated as Kingdom Houses need to run multiple verification checks before we can simply pay money out to a bank account)
- Copy of your contract (Electronic copy)
End of tenancy check-out charges
So you are moving out, you’ve damaged the room (probably accidentally, but who knows…). Well Kingdom Housese will have to repair that, the next occupant fully expects the room to be perfect! The includes giving it a professional clean, so make sure you clean it like a professional cleaner otherwise you may be on the hook for cleaning fees.
Repairs costs upon exiting will incur our standrd standard £30 per hour rate. Where multiple items on this list are needed you will be charged at the item rate OR £30 per hour, whichever works out to be cheaper.
Remember Kingdom Houses does not have a monopoly on these repairs. You are welcome and encouraged to arrange your repairs before you vacate so that you are in control of the costs, you migth be able to do it cheaper however most likely not. All Kingdom Houses prices are subsidised, we wouldn’t offer this kind of pricing to someone outside Kingdom Houses as it isn’t profitable.
Painting and/or filler hole in wall
- £70 for first wall
- £30 extra for each wall after
Replace cracked window
- From £150 however as we sub-contract this it will be subject to the actual sub-contractor invoice
- £60 for small room (small double or double room)
- £80 for large room (big double or kingroom)
Shampoo Mattress Cleaning (Using Specialist wet upholstry cleaner)
- Single mattress £50
- Double/King Mattresses £60
Unarranged Cleaning (You can contact us to get a quote for arranged cleaning)
- £30 for first hour
- £20 per hour after
Disposing of waste / left stuff
- £50 fixed price for small load (Small load is anything that can fit into a Toyota Yaris)
- £80 + Recycle centre fee for a large load
Replacing a light switch
- £15 + switch cost (Chrome switches can be expensive)
Regarding cleaning: The moment we need to call a cleaner we incur a cost of £30, so even if the room only needs 10 minutes of dusting Kingdom Houses will still need to pay the cleaner £30. As such to avoid all confusion and dramas you need to make sure to clean your room super thoroughly. This means dusting everywhere, wiping every surface down, hoover everything including under the bed, wiping down the skirting, wiping and cleaning the bedroom door on both sides, cleaning the windows etc…